Saturday, October 31, 2009

The one with the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.











Yesterday was the 6 month anniversary.

Luke had to work all day because he's been so busy with midterms he got behind at his job...so he was doing a little catch up..

he called me at 7:55 in the AM (obviouly forgetting that I dont work fridays and therefore was no where close to being awake yet..) and i missed the call but later found out he had bought flowers to bring to my office.

He picked me up at 645 that night lookin' super handsome and took me to Omar's...DELICIOUS. I got blackened chicken pasta that was amazing.

When we left Omars, he gave me 3 options for the next part of the date
1) Carve pumpkins

2) paint canvases (which was really thoughtful because i have told him several times how much i like painting and wanted to paint canvases soon)

3) go bowling (we have gone w/ friends several times but never alone)

I decided on #3. mainly because we didn't have the pumpkins or any paint. and because i really like bowling. We played 2 games...we tied on the first one and i beat him on the second =) He claims he let me win, but i don't buy that.

After that, he told me I could pick ANY movie i wanted to watch (meaning chick flick), so we rented New in Town. I don't really recommend the movie but the fact that he didn't object in the least to a movie that had no guns, murders, or army men was wonderful.




















it was an amazing date night! he treats me really well =)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
SO anyway, i really do like the fact that i'm a night person. now, i have several friends who are not night people. they really enjoy mornings and like to go to bed early. i've just never understood that at ALL. i really love these morning people. but i just "get" night people... they don't start yawning at 9 and will hang out past dinnertime. i think its just all around a good thing to be a night person...besides the fact that for some reason someone decided we should start work at 8 AM. This is probably the worst planning ever done by man. If the workday began at 10 AM I think the world would be a happier place. People would probably be more rested. Less grouchy people, less car wrecks, more smiles. All sounds good to me. This is assuming people went to bed at the same time they do now. Which I probably wouldn't.

My point with all this is that for no reason i decided to stay awake until 4 AM last night. I decided: I'm 24. It is the weekend. I don't want to sleep, so i'm not going to. And...although it was good to realize i'm way beyond the point of "15 more minutes til bedtime, Lisa" I woke up at 10:30 and have been really tired all day. It was worth it, though, to realize that I am not losing my night person quality.

We helped with a halloween carnival in one of the neighborhood parks today and it was a lot of fun! I was at the face tattoo booth and we got to talk about the salvation bracelets they got when they got to the park. One little girl told me she had never heard of Jesus until today. The weather was beautiful and the kids were really cute in their little outfits.




Luke dressed up as Elmo

Hula Hoop contest: I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment